This year’s Art Fairs will be held July 21 – 24 and several streets that run through or next to campus will be closed beginning Sunday morning, July 17 for related events. The first event is the Townie Street Party on Monday, July 18 from 5:00 PM to 9:30 PM. The Townie Party will close North University Avenue between South Thayer Street and Fletcher Street. Setup for this event will begin on Sunday morning, July 17. The Ann Arbor Mile, “Dart for Art” race is also scheduled for Monday, July 18 beginning on South State Street. The following streets will be closed from approximately 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM on Monday to accommodate this race event:
- South State Street between East Washington Street and Monroe Street
- Monroe Street between South State Street and Tappan Street
- South University Avenue between Tappan Street and South State Street
- East Liberty Street between Maynard Street and South State Street
- North University Avenue between South State Street and Thayer Street
The remainder of the impacted streets for the Art Fairs will be closed for setup beginning on Wednesday morning, July 20 and will reopen by 6:00 AM on Monday, July 25. Streets impacted are as follows:
- Liberty Street from South Ashley Street to South State Street
- South Thayer Street between East Washington Street and North University Avenue will have restricted access to the Kraus service lots C1 and C2 (permits required)
- North University Avenue from South State Street to Fletcher Street
- South State Street from East Washington Street to East Madison Street
- East University Avenue from South University Avenue to Willard Street
- South University Avenue from South State Street to South Forest Avenue
- Church Street from south of the Church Street Parking Structure (525 Church Street) to Willard Street
- Maynard Street from East Liberty Street to East Jefferson Street
- East Jefferson Street from Maynard Street to Thompson Street
- East William Street from South State Street to Thompson Street
- Thompson Street – half a block south from East Liberty Street
- South Main Street from East Huron Street to East William Street
- East Washington Street between South State Street and Fletcher Street
Art Fair hours will be Thursday through Saturday 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM and on Sunday from 12:00 PM until 6:00 PM. Art Fairs take-down will begin at 6:00 PM Sunday, July 24. All impacted streets will return to prior operational levels beginning Monday morning, July 25. For more details, visit the Art Fairs map at http://artfairs.visitannarbor.org/.
For information on detours to U-M bus routes and changes in parking operations during the Art Fair please visit http://pts.umich.edu/news/transit-alerts.php.
Questions or comments about service issues should be directed to the appropriate department. General questions about issues pertaining to the Art Fair can be directed to Jim Kosteva at 763-5554 or email@example.com.
Thank you and enjoy Art Fair!